One of our favorite places to use the affirmation stickers is in the shower. Cleansing your body in combination with the mind is a powerful way to start the day. Focus on your affirmation(s) and repeat them while you soap up.
This is also very effective for showering/bathing before bed.
Filling the mind with positive statements before you go to sleep enables a more restful night.
Post your affirmations in places where you will see them often. Repeat them silent or out loud as often as you can.
- Focus on your affirmation and speak it, say it, sing it - out loud or in your head.
- Visualize, visualize, visualize! Picture what you want in your mind while announcing your affirmation and feel what it would feel like to be/do/have/accomplish that.
- If you can, say affirmations to yourself in front of a mirror (it will only feel weird for a little while).
- Repeat a sentence over and over while you are commuting to work. Get the kids involved while you drive them to school.
- A water bottle is a great spot for a reminder sticker – fuel your mind every time you fuel your body.
- Meditation: choose your affirmation(s), close your eyes and take some deep breaths. Repeat your affirmation until you feel contentment.
- Write out affirmations on paper or in your journal.
- Place affirmations on or inside your lunchbox and declare them while you eat.
- When you notice yourself having negative thoughts, recite an affirmation to shift your focus.